Pages

July 30, 2006

A Finish and Some New Projects

I finished the Star Sampler wedding quilt on Friday, and plan to deliver it to my friends today on their first anniversary...about time, huh! I just stitched around the stars and in the ditch, fairly basic quilting...I used free motion so I wouldn't have to wrestle the quilt around each pivot on each star...boy is it hard to do straight lines on free motion setting! But I got there anyway...

As if I didn't have enough projects I want to do, I've been inspired to do some more!! I love the montessori Aine went to! She learned so much, is writing her alphabet at 3 1/2, counting, knows 1-10 in Irish and Spanish as well as English, colors of the rainbow, so many cool things they've taught the kids. I'll be sad to leave here and leave it behind... I have decided to do a little free pieced letters project for the school, a little wallhanging with "Little Mischief Montessori" on it. Also, just a small patchwork pillow for the 4 teachers they have (2 of them work in the creche where my little one Aisling goes as well when I work...) will use some orphan blocks for 2 of them and then do two heart blocks I like for the others...they are great stashbusters for small pieces of fabric!

I am also starting on my Crazy Quilt Round Robin blocks! I plan to use a family/ancestor photo on each of the six blocks I need and then lace and beads from my wedding dress and veil...will be my first time using lace and silks in a quilt, should be fun. I love some of these family photos we have: my great uncle doing rollerskating as an exhibition sport at the St. Louis Worlds Fair, and my grandpa who was a big band leader in his early days! Aren't they fun? I love the old photos!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: