Pages

January 26, 2007

Looky what I got this week! My Grace handquilting ...

Looky what I got this week! My Grace handquilting frame for quilting my Dear Jane, my Christmas present to myself. It was supposed to arrive while we were in the States so I could bring it home as part of my baggage allowance, but arrived the day after I left, and dad had to post it...but it was still worth the cost, very reasonable for such a "nicely engineered, well made" (DH quote!) frame! I can't actually load up my quilt at the moment, as I have apparently caused a stir in the Irish quilting community by showing my quilt in November at the Limerick Patchwork Quilt Guild! A few ladies have been asking to talk to me about displaying the unfinished quilt, what a nice compliment!!! I will probably take it to a couple of classes to show students what anyone can do...I am not an amazing quilter, my precision leaves something to be desired when doing rotary cutting and machine piecing, but block by block with freezer paper templates, anyone could make a Dear Jane quilt...really!!
I have never decorated for holidays, except Christmas, and will never be an over the top decorator, but this year I am going to try to have a few themed wallhangings...this is the start of a small Valentines day hanging. I will applique some hearts in the 4 plain squares and put a border on, and maybe practice some more hand quilting.
My mom also sent a smaller package this week also left behind at their house...some more yarn for socks and some Sugar and Cream cotton yarn for making some dishclothes I've been reading about...will try to use them instead of sponges for dishwashing...

We're off to Dublin for the weekend where I hope to finish my latest round robin crazy quilt block, and continue working on a baby aran hat for a friends little boy before the weather gets too warm!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: