Pages

March 13, 2008

Took the Plunge!

New Haircut for me!

After being lazy for several years and wearing my hear in a shapeless long mass, I got my hair cut last Saturday! Note how I made it a bit of a quilty photo with my applecore wallhanging and my quilt I won in a charity Ebay auction by Debbie Mumm herself!

I am worn out this week. My husand has been travelling to different places the last two weeks, and that little devil Aisling has woken at 5am the last 2 days!! I am ready for a little me time for mommy and am heading off with a few friends on Saturday for a day of shopping up in Dublin! Just wish my friends liked quilting and that there were quilt shops to visit!

I'd love to say that I've gotten my groove back for crafting, but I am only managing little snippets of crafting each day. Mom's 3rd of 4 planned caps is underway, but here is a photo of her second one: the "No Hair Day" chemo cap. For some reason Aine is modeling it with a lollipop.
Aine Wearing Nana's

I have 3 more pieced triangles to quilt and some more of the plain tris and then I will be done my Dear Jane quilting...I think I am subconsciously dragging my feet on the quilt, not wanting it to end. Or maybe I am really just afraid of doing the scallops!! I really want to do some small projects over the weekend. Some pot holders, as mine are falling apart, and the start of my bag for a bag swap! I will get my crafting mojo back!

Tomorrow starts our 2 week Easter holidays here, but the girls are going to an Easter camp the first week, arts and crafts and fun! Here is a gratuitous photo of Aine in her "movie star" getup, she was singing the blues! Keep your fingers crossed for me to get my groove back on, lol, and please stick with me a little longer, I promise more quilty crafty content soon!
Movie Star Aine Singing the Blues

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Love your new haircut looks great. I so love Debbie Mumm too. I think the shop in Dublin is called red rooster quilts, I know I visited one while I was there maybe google it.Enjoy your visit to Dublin - be sure to have a Gloria Jeans coffee oh so yum! Dawn x x x

Beth said...

I like your new do! The girls are precious as always! Keeping your mom in my thoughts.

Beth

Susan Shepard said...

Your haircut looks great. It always gives me a lift to get a new look. I think you have the cutest girls on the planet. But tell Aisling that, as far as sleep goes, more is better.

Bubblesknits said...

The haircut looks great! :-) The girls look precious...especially your little blues singer. Here's hoping your early riser doesn't rise quite so early tomorrow morning!

anne bebbington said...

Cathi I think your new haircut is fabulous and your two little terrors are so sweet :o) I can totally empathise with you re husbands away and looking after kids on your own - mine worked away M-F when ours were small out of necessity as a permanent job near home was impossible to find at the time - take the time out on Saturday to enjoy and spoil yourself - lucky girl, haven't been to Dublin since 2002 - love the place but can't see us returning for a while - finances dictate and all that - sigh!!!

ruthsplace said...

Great haircut. Hope you get to sleep in soon!

Hedgehog said...

Great haircut! The girls strike great poses! Enjoy the Easter holidays!

Barbara said...

I also love your haircut!

Sarah Nopp said...

I like the new haircut. I am lucky to have a friend who does my styling- I don't even have to tell him what to do. I figure it is his job to make it look good, so I just tell him "More pretty, Less ugly".

Kate said...

So, did she steal those glasses from Elton John? LOL

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, you brave girl! It's always hard to change a hairstyle -- your new doooo looks great! Love that apple core quilt -- I've always wanted to make one.

Holly said...

Very nice new do! The no hair day cap - CUTE! And the model is even cuter. I can totally relate to you dragging your feet over the scallops. And don't worry about no quilty content. There's more to a quilter's life than the quilts she makes. Nice quilts in the background btw :) How's Mom? Have fun with me-time. Be refreshed.

Anna said...

Nice haircut! Wow, you had a lot take off, but I think it was a good move.
I empathize with handling the kids, house, etc. without the hubby. It's tough. Finding time to just BE is a nightmare. Enjoy your day in Dublin and take lots of pictures....pretty, pretty please!
The "No Hair Day" chemo cap is cool. How's your Mom? Mine had her second treatment today...we're waiting to see how she reacts.

PS. Love the photos of the girls. They are absolutely precious!

The Quilting Pirate said...

yah for a hair cut!! I always feel better with it cut!! You have beautiful eyes!!! I can see where your kids get theirs from!

Julie said...

Congratulations on the completion of your quilting! Wow, what an accomplishment. I am proud of your!