Pages

September 19, 2013

Life is Grand - My First DT Post for Visible Image Stamps!


I am very excited today to share with you my first DT project for Visible Image stamps!! I just love using stamps on my layouts and I went to town with my Visible Image stamps for this one, I used seven stamp sets!!


To start with I used my Shaded Lilac Distress Ink to stamp the Grunge Check Background in random areas behind my central photo and photo mats.  I then inked up the Grunge Polka Dot stamp with Pine Needles Distress Ink and added that randomly to the paper. I added a few Ink Splats in Shaded Lilace at the bottom left and top right of the patterned paper.  Finally I took the Crackled Background stamp in Walnut Stain Distress Ink and added that. I used all these layers of stamping behind the photo mat to build up layers of texture and color. On the photo mats I also used the Crackled Background stamp again in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


I added the Grunge Flourish stamp on either side of the photo mats in Jet Black Archival Ink and used my favorite (well one of my favorites, I love them all!!) Dragonfly stamp in Archival Ink across the layout moving from the bottom left to the top right.  I added the sentiment stamp "Life is Grand" from the Chandelier Set. As a final experiment, I used gesso on my Grunge Polka Dot stamp and really love the effect and texture that gave to my layout.  To finish off the layout I added some flowers and twine from my stash.  I really had fun with this first layout!!  I hope you like my project, and if any of these stamps catch your eye, please visit the blog by clicking on the links! All international shipping is a flat rate of £3, such a great price!



Visible Image also run a challenge each month on their blog.
This month the theme is:
Use a Visible Image Sentiment stamp on a project and link it up, easy peasy,
and you could win £20 of your choice of Visible Image gorgeousness!
Join us over at our fan page on Facebook or join our GROUP!
This month if you load a Visible Image project you've created in the group,
you also have a chance at another £20 prize, you have to be in it to win it though,
so I hope you have a look at the site and get some stamps and join in.

Last but not least, have a look at the newest sentiment stamp in the shop,
I am in love and hope to work with this stamp soon (hint? hint?)


I used the sketch from Sketchabilities for this layout and would love to enter it in their challenge!



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the group Cathi, love this page, so delicate and beautiful, fab colours :D

Unknown said...

What a soft, beautiful layout Cathi! Congrats on the new DT!

xErin

Unknown said...

Beautiful page! Love the bg you created! Fab textures and soft colors! Thanks for playing along w/sketch #99 at sketchabilities!

Unknown said...

oh I love it. The texture on your background is gorgeous! Thanks for join us at Sketchabilities :))

Margaret Mifsud said...

Cathi, this is such a gorgeous page. Love the soft colours and the textures are wonderful. ox

li-bee-ti said...

First, congrats on your new DT! You did a wonderful job with all those stamps.
I love the soft and dreamy design of your page. The sbutle colors, along with the stmaps and embellishments, go perfectly with the photos.
Thank you for playing with us at Sketchabilities.

Unknown said...

I loved your interpretation, lovely pastel colors.
Thank you for play with us on sketchabelities.

Bärbel Born said...

The page looks like a fairytale! Colors so soft and subtle! Thank you for participating on sketchabilities! Hugs, Baerbel

Dorota Dołęga said...

lovely and delicate!
thanks for playing with us at sketchabilities :)

Erica said...

So pretty!! I love the pastels they are soft and elegant. Thanks for playing along with us!