Pages

March 26, 2014

Beautiful: March Kit Creation for Frosted Designs!!


This is my first layout and tutorial for this month's gorgeous Frosted Designs Kit: A Moment in Time! Barb and Debbie have put together another gorgeous mix of papers, embellies and mediums for this kit and I think I used most of them in this layout!!! I used the beautiful Authentique Classique Elegant papers for this layout: "ten", "eleven" and "enhancements". To start the layout my base paper was the black "eleven" paper. I wanted to use the Tim Holtz layered clockwork stencil . I used molding paste with my mask and then added Black Soot Distress Embossing Powder and finish off with some brushes of the African Jade Silks glaze. I did this in two places on the layout and then started adding layers. Most of my layers here are form the enhancements paper. I popped my photo of Aine up on foam tape for a bit of dimension.


I painted one of the gorgeous Fabscrap flourishes using the Picked Raspberry Distress Paint. To add some age and interest I added some embossing powder. I tucked in the lace from the kit under several of the layers and then ripped the edges and added a flower and some lace into one of the peekaboo areas!


I added the gorgeous Prima Soprano and Interlude flowers to my layout as well the brads included in the kit. I painted the Kaisercraft Wood Flourish Butterflies using the African Jade Silks. I just love the amazing sheen this paint gives!!

Some Different Ways to use
Distress Embossing Powder!!


Use your masks and molding paste to add detail to your background.


While the molding paste is still wet sprinkle some of the Distress Embossing Powder randomly on the area, use your heat gun to dry and emboss the areas for a great aged look. 


I added some of the gorgeous African Jade Silks glaze for more detail.


Another way to use your Distress Embossing Powder is to add it to paint while it is wet. I painted this flourish with the Picked Raspberry Distress Paint.


Just sprinkle it on randomly and heat to emboss for a great aged effect.

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial on different ways to use your Distress Embossing Powder other than the traditional use with stamping! There are only a few kits left, you NEED to get this one before it runs out!!! Thanks for visiting!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great tips Cathy, TFS. :)