Pages

October 16, 2014

Using Multiple Dies to Create Layered 3D Frames


This week I created this layout for the blog. I wanted to create a special frame to highlight my beautiful girl on her horse ride at the County Fair!  You can make some amazing frames when you think outside the box and use your La-La Land Crafts dies a little differently!


I started by cutting out my photo using one of the Stitched Nested Circles.


To create my frame I simply used two different sized circles...this cut the inside and outside circles to make the frame. I didn't use the next sized down circle for this but skipped that one and used the largest and third largest circles to make a wider frame.
 

To finish off the rest of the frame I cut out 2 of the Lattice Doily Border Die and four of the hinge from the Booktab and Labels Die set. For two of the hingest I cut them into smaller pieces for accents for the frame.


To start creating my frame on my layout, I placed the two Lattice Doily Border Die pieces first.


I added foam dots to the back of my Stitched Nested Circle to give it some dimension.



I placed the frame over the photo and then placed the frame onto my Lattice Doily Border Die die cuts.


Finally I added my hinge pieces complete with their pearl accent, just the right decorative touch for this frame!


There are many ways to create special frames with our dies, check out the beautiful frame that DT member Sue Kohler did creatively using the Heart Tree die, a label from the Stitched Elements and the Stitched Nested Circles.


Give it a try! Create your own special frames using La-La Land's gorgeous dies!

3 comments:

Plony said...

This is so gorgeous.....nice to follow you step-by-step and see what you do to get this great result. I love it.
Have a nice weekend, Hugs Plony.

Deb said...

What a wonderful idea, beautiful layout!

Ita said...

This is stunning ,love the colours you used.
Ita.