Pages

February 26, 2015

On Top of the World Layout for Riddersholm Designs


My daughter was on top of the world this day, riding the London Eye on a trip we took in January! I just love the view captured behind her, you can see the Thames and Parliament.  I thought the Tailgate Marked paper Airborne fit this photo perfectly with all its flying machines and us being so high in the air.


I love to use the cut out titles and words from the Riddersholm collections. Here I have added Travel and What a Day to the layout, popping them up on foam for a bit of dimension.  I had fun with the hot air balloon chipboard piece from Wycinaka, misting it and adding a bit of twine to connect the basket to the balloon. I used some gorgeous Prima and Petaloo flowers from my stash.


My friend Renea makes these gorgeous butterflies which she sells in her Reneabouquets shop, The color of this one matches perfectly with the papers and flower. I popped on a fun camera paperclip from Maya Road.


I decided to title my layout "On Top of the World" because you felt that way at the top of the London Eye, a huge ferris wheel!! I journalled a bit about our day where my daughter auditioned at a ballet school in the morning and then we had fun around London in the afternoon, what a great day.

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This is lovely, love the background paper and the drips are awesome!

Kate North said...

Very nice :) It was a lovely day indeed!