Pages

September 9, 2015

Decorate the Corners for La-La Land Crafts


This week at La-La Land Crafts the theme is Decorate the Corners!!  This week I decided to do something I don't do as often, a mixed media canvas!

I started by spraying the background with several colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang mists. I then added the Steampunk Hearts Cog Dies into the corners and sprayed them with some of the blue mist.

I decided to leave the rest of the die cuts white to stand out! I still loved the look of the Decorative Corner Die butterflies so I added several here with pearl centers rather than stickpins.

I tried to make the background look kind of sky colored and cloudy so that my Hot Air Balloon Die balloons could drift across it! I added the stamped clouds from the Sunny Day Background Elements stamp set and the lovely quote from the Beautiful Day Sentiments.

To add some more detail to the canvas I finished it off with a few birds winging their way in the sky using the Birds Die. I love the way it turned out!

 Don't forget, you can join in all the fun at La-La Land Crafts 
by adding your creations to our Facebook Page and Twitter.

No comments: